10 Things You Didn’t Know About Stacey Dash
Stacey Lauretta Dash is an American actress. Dash is best known for her role as Dionne Marie Davenport in the 1995 film, “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.” She also appeared in the films “Divergent” (2014), “Straight Outta Compton” (2015), and “Bad Moms” (2016). She has also starred in the television series, “Empire,” and guest starred in series such as “Black-ish,” “The Carmichael Show,” and “Scandal.
Stacey Dash is an American actress, film producer, and businesswoman. She first gained recognition for her role as Charlene Robinson on the Fox sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”, for which she received a Golden Globe Award nomination in 1990. Dash went on to star in the films “Clueless” (1995), “Dr. Dolittle” (1998), and “The Amityville Horror” (2005). In 2012, she was cast in the role of Marlene in the comedy film “Moms’ Night Out”.
Dash, 52, has two children from her relationship with singer Christopher Williams. son Austin was born in 2000, and daughter Simone was born in 2002. She has since divorced Christophe mid-2000s.
Stacey Dash was always interested in acting. After high school, she attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts but dropped out after two years to pursue an acting career.
In 1992, Dash made her television debut on the show The Wayans Bros. and quickly became a regular cast member. She starred in the lead role of Charlene Westwood in the short-lived series Girlfriends. In 1996, she appeared on the Seinfeld episode “The Party” as Elaine’s crazy friend Helen.
Dash starred in The Proud Family Movie as Gloria Goodson-Jones and appeared in roles on shows like Malcolm in the Middle and My Wife and Kids. In 2006, she starred alongside Queen Latifah in Bring It On: All or Nothing. That same year she also voiced Mrs.
10 Surprising Facts About the Movie and TV Actress
- Stacey Dash was born in the Bronx borough of New York City on January 20, 1967.
- She is the daughter of Barbara (née Robinson) and Melvin Dash, a jazz musician and actor who appeared in The Jeffersons and Do The Right Thing.
- When she was five, her family moved to the suburbs of Chicago.
- Dash attended Whitney Young High School in Chicago before going on to study economics at Howard University where she was president of her chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Dash made her film debut in the 1994 crime drama Boyz n the Hood, for which she received a nomination for Best New Star at the 1995 Golden Globe Awards.
- In 1996 she played the supporting role of Simone in the comedy-drama The Preacher’s Wife, for which she was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Female.
- In 1997 she appeared in the film Kids, in which she played a teenager who falls in love with a gang leader. Dash is also known for her outspoken political views and is a vocal opponent of Democratic president Barack Obama
- She had a small part as the female lead opposite Denzel Washington in the crime drama The Hurricane and received an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Supporting Female.
- On January 5, 2009, Dash announced her candidacy for a United States Senate seat in California. She was endorsed by the National Rifle Association and also received support from Tea Party groups.
- Nominated for the Republican nomination for California’s 46th congressional district, she lost to incumbent Democrat Elton Gallegly on June 3, 2009.
The Life After the Movie and TV Career
Dash appeared as a recurring character on the television series The Game in early 2009. She played Tasha, the girlfriend of Kwame Brown (played by Terrence Howard). Tasha was often at odds with Lamar (played by Shawn Hatosy), Brown’s teammate on the team. In 2011, Das. wrote about Dash and that she is “known for her roles in “The Cosby Show” and “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
When Stacey Dash was first introduced to the world, many people were surprised to see that she was black. In a time when most black actors were relegated to stereotypical roles on television or in films, she broke ground by being cast in the lead role of Charlie’s Angels. Her performance caught the attention of filmmakers and she soon landed roles in some of Hollywood’s most iconic films, such as The Birdcage and Thelma & Louise.
Since then, Dash has continued to work steadily in both film and television. She starred as Sandra Bullock’s love interest in Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous and has since appeared in ABC Family’s Gossip Girl and Fox’s New Girl. She is currently filming the comedy movie Action Point for Paramount Pictures.
Stacey Dash is an American actress and political commentator who has a net worth of $100 thousand. She rose to fame as a cast member on the Fox sitcom “Empire” and has since appeared in several films, including the 2012 hit “The House Bunny”. Dash is also known for her outspoken political views and is a vocal opponent of Democratic president Barack Obama.
Also Read: Jennifer Aniston